Monday, April 7, 2008

An inquiry about archives of police logs

A recent email by me to KSU:

I’m disappointed in the lack of response from the University and the Police Department in regard to a simple question about whether archives of electronic copies of police logs are available from KSU (and if so, how far they go back).

Mr. Shubert, I had requested in my Open Records request electronic copies, if possible of the Feb.15 to Feb. 30 police logs from 2006. You provided my photocopied redacted versions. I am not sure why I can retrieve complete and unedited police logs from April 2007 but not from February 2006. Please explain…..

Heather, in a previous email to you, (Feb. 5), I said this:

I think that KU and WSU have a Web friendly approach to the daily campus crime statistics. As it is – relying on an emailed Adobe acrobat file – I think K-State’ site could be a little “fresher” and reader friendly. Plus the other sites feature an archive capability, which I don’t believe I have seen at the KSU site.

Heather, you said you would “pass on my suggestions” without bothering to tell me the archive capability already exists.

Captain Stubbings, I’ve called and also sent an email about this question of archives to you yesterday. You replied today, which I appreciate.

Mr. Karst,

I recieved your email and phone call and will get what you are looking for. If you do not hear from me in a week please remind me.

Don Stubbings

Please take my requests seriously and the institution’s obligations under the Clery Act.

Unless I vastly (overestimate) all of you, you are all perfectly that there are searchable archives available to POLICELOG listserve subscribers. It is disappointing to see the lack of a prompt and clear response in this matter.

Sincerely,


Tom Karst

Olathe

No comments:

campus crime - Bing News