Monday, March 10, 2008

A new inquiry

I just talked to Heather Reed this morning about follow up to my earlier request that the University release its report about the attack on Feb. 18 of 2006 at Goodnow Hall. There was no lawsuit filed, so there should be no reason for KSU to withhold information about the incident (two year limit on liability to the University), where a non-KSU student, pounding on the locked doors, was apparently let in to Goodnow after hours at the instruction of the the desk attendant, and afterwards attacked one of the residents - a member of my family - at 2:30 in the morning. This attack - which resulted in an emergency room visit and loss of hearing plus other complications - was the genesis of my insistence that KSU conduct a review of campus security, which they did, instituting changes in the residence hall security procedures during this school year. I also wanted KSU to step up and accept some accountability in the matter (paying for medical bills not covered by insurance, counseling, etc) which they have declined to do. Heather said she will consult with another KSU Administrator about what they can release about the incident.

I also asked about my request that KSU have past KSU police crime logs available in archive format, and she said she passed that info on to the KSU police.

No comments:

campus crime - Bing News