Thursday, April 19, 2007

A word about Sam Brownback

I'd like to thank Sen. Sam Brownback for something he did about this time last year (has it been that long ago?) At the time, I had asked K-State for a review of residence hall security and they had agreed to do so, but I left an email in the Senator's Web site to make the case to him as well, since I am well aware he is a favorite son of K-State and Pat Bosco, et al.
I got a call the next morning from one of Sam's staffers in KC and I laid out the case for a review of residence hall security at K-State, and I pointed out that K-State's standards were not as tight as KU, and I also said I didn't think KSU was very accommodating as to our particular case.
The staffer said my complaint wasn't in their "jurisdiction" and said it sounded like I needed a lawyer. In the end, he agreed to pass on my concern to the Board of Regents.
After my conversation, I sent Sen. Brownback another email expressing my disappointment in the staffer's response.

A couple of days later, I got a letter written by Brownback himself, who said he made a personal call on behalf of my concerns to K-State. That he would take time to do that was most appreciated and won't be forgotten, no matter what else has transpired.

No comments:

campus crime - Bing News