Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Top....Men

When I was first asking for a review of residence hall security measures at K-State, I was assured they are continually evaluated and updated. I had asked why video cameras are not employed at the doors to the residence hall. No need to worry, I was assured.

It went something like this scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

Indy: "The situation is totally unacceptable."
Intelligence: "Well gentlemen, I guess that just about wraps it up."
Brody: "Where is the Ark?"
Intelligence: "I thought we settled this. The Ark is somewhere very safe."
Indy: "From who?"
Brody: "The Ark is a source of unspeakable power and it has to be researched."
Intelligence: "And it will be. I assure you Dr. Brody, Dr. Jones. We have top men working on it right now."
Indy: "Who?"
Intelligence: "Top... Men..."

Scene shifts to ark being lost in the middle of a warehouse...


Anyway, when I went online and compared KU and K-State security measures, I found K-State's residence hall security was quite a bit more lax and prone to breaching than KU. I pointed this out to the Administration. I give credit to K-State that they listened.

I like this quote from C.S. Lewis.

"Who can endure a doctrine which would allow only dentists to say whether our teeth were aching, only cobblers to say whether our shoes hurt us, and only governments to tell us whether we were being well governed?"

Or Anderson Hall to tell students they are well protected.

No comments:

campus crime - Bing News